Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Sat Apr 19 03:57:13 CEST 2008

I have to say, I'm baffled by that sentiment. GTA02v5 is fully
functional, the only "problem" is that it's not as efficient as it
could be, just like every other product on the planet.

For those saying "wait another month" I've got a different arguement -
let's NOT hire people to make the changes, purchase the equipment
needed to do it. If a missing transistor is really upsetting someone
that much, the open nature of Openmoko works in your favor because you
can wait until the units you consider "defective" are sold out. I, for
one, don't want to pay the costs (and I will, if Openmoko decides to
wait and add the transistor for goodwill) that will be incurred and
spread over the rest of the product line. I'm QUITE happy to take a v5
and go along on my merry way.

It is quite possible to make your statement by NOT purchasing a v5
unit and waiting for a v6. Choosing to wait yourself, without passing
the delay and costs onto everyone else is the most ethical, polite way
to solve the problem.

-Kevin