Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Frans Grotepass fmgrotepass at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 15:40:12 CEST 2008

On Saturday 19 April 2008, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Andrea Debortoli wrote:
> > I think nobody will buy a GTA02v5 knowing that a better revision will be
> > available some days after...
>
> I will too, but only because I can't wait longer :(
> I'm not so happy about this decision, btw...

I say "ship it!" if FIC was a closed source product, no-one would've
known. Thank goodness the guys are communicating with us. If the fix is
a simple transistor replacement, the mentioned alternative of adding the
transistor to the v5 package for after marktet replacement is a groovy
idea. Many of the guys keen on this phone will not hesitate one second
to solder a new component. The ones that don't trust they can solder SMD
know who they are by now.