Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Janne Junnila janne.junnila at
Sat Apr 19 16:00:57 CEST 2008

Personally I'd be happier with a design that has no known/"already
fixed in the next revision" current leaks.

I'm seriously considering buying Freerunner to get a truly open Linux
-based phone. I don't think I'd
have problems with the software, having pretty firm background in
programming and Linux, but I
doubt I'd go for soldering things.

Thus I may be postponing my buying. I thought it would be cool to have
the phone among the firsts -
the half ready software wouldn't matter, I could just try to
familiarize myself with the phone, making
it feel like home by writing my own applications. However, now I got
to think whether the more
ready hardware would be worth the wait.

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Frans Grotepass
<fmgrotepass at> wrote:
> On Saturday 19 April 2008, Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
>  > Andrea Debortoli wrote:
>  > > I think nobody will buy a GTA02v5 knowing that a better revision will be
>  > > available some days after...
>  >
>  > I will too, but only because I can't wait longer :(
>  > I'm not so happy about this decision, btw...
>  I say "ship it!" if FIC was a closed source product, no-one would've
>  known. Thank goodness the guys are communicating with us. If the fix is
>  a simple transistor replacement, the mentioned alternative of adding the
>  transistor to the v5 package for after marktet replacement is a groovy
>  idea. Many of the guys keen on this phone will not hesitate one second
>  to solder a new component. The ones that don't trust they can solder SMD
>  know who they are by now.
>  _______________________________________________
>  Openmoko community mailing list
>  community at

More information about the community mailing list