Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at
Sat Apr 19 17:00:48 CEST 2008

Andy Green ha scritto:
>> I'm re-posting here some mails from the openmoko-devel "Future Button
>> and LED software spec" thread [1] in which there are some infos about
>> Freerunner hardware that I think they should be more visible.
>> Summarizing, they say that the GTA02v6 hardware version fixes an
>> hardware bug that causes the LEDs to use about 150mW instead of 25mW.
> Yeah, but how often are the LEDs lit in normal operation: ~0.

Well, if you use LEDs for notifying events or for showing if GSM is
working or not (blinking in a color if GSM network is reacheable,
changing color if it doesn't work), they could have a certain role.

Treviño's World - Life and Linux