Charging Neo Freerunner via USB port

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 19 20:05:03 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> Michael Shiloh wrote:
>>>
>>> It might seem like a dumb question, the the charger provided can
>>> source 1Amp, right? :)
>>
>> Not a dumb question at all. I do say this further down, but perhaps
>> should elevate it.
>
> According to this [1] (final pages) it should provide 2.0A.
>
> [1] http://tinyurl.com/5sh68w

True, but we only use 1A. I should confirm this, but I took the 47K Ohm
resistor to mean "able to source at least 1A", meaning that it would be
possible to ship a different supply and not violate this. I know of no
plans to replace the supply with one that can only source 1A, but that
is a possibility.

I'll look into this.

Michael