Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework

steve steve at
Sun Apr 20 02:03:08 CEST 2008

   I don't have it figured out because I have some differing bits of info.
  Don't fret, I will get the info and update everyone.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Flemming Richter
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:39 PM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 10:53 PM, steve <steve at> wrote:
>  Ian
>   Personally I'd vote LEDS off the island. But since we are open
> source  people can write apps to turn on every feature of the phone in
> any way they  want and drain the battery in any way they want. I will
> ask the question if  the LED  Can be turned off entirely.
I thought this was the problem. That the transistor didn't cut the power to
the leds. I don't care if I get a version with led issue, but I would like
to know exactly what it is (so that I know which HW mods I can make myself).
Thank you for figuring this out.

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:

Openmoko community mailing list
community at