Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework - reply

Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) tony at
Sun Apr 20 11:15:29 CEST 2008

Dear Ron/Community:

This confusion comes from time latency of series of events, but no
matter A5 or A6 should all apply the LED transistor change.

I already update all the changes that shipping A5 will apply.

If your A5 don't have these changes, either you are lucky prototype
users, or pure sample sent by sales.

The full event time line like this:

2008 Early March: Werner/Andy found this potential LED leakage issue
under some LED ON power scheme

2008 Mid/Late March: Allen_Chang try several transistor vendors, to
replace original transistor, during this time DVT4 units are produced
without apply this change

2008 Early April: Finally transistor vendor provide 200 pcs transistor
for experiment, Allen and Willie/Miles verified that this transistor
could work on boards and fits our production software/process. So this
components was approved. But due to quantiles limit, the same time PVT1
and PVT2 pre_MP units don't _All_ apply these changes.

As I known, all the PVT and pre-MP units will ship back Taipei for RD
usage and sample, won't ship to customers.

Tony Tu