99 vs RED (or was it PINK) Phone cases

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 12:51:52 CEST 2008

On 4/21/08, Alexey Feldgendler <alexey at feldgendler.ru> wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:35:44 +0200, Andy Powell <openmoko at automated.it>
> wrote:
>

> > > BTW, there is a way to work around the v5 issue in software. Because the
> > > LED in an unmodified v5 shines 6 or so times as bright as it should (and
> > > eats 6 times more power), the solution is to correct the brightness with
> > > PWM to reduce it 6 times.
> > >

> > Or just have it on for 1/6 the time or, if flashing, multiply the gap (off
> state) by 6. 1 second for v6 == 6 for v5
> >

> It's exactly what PWM is about.

No. I do not think he was meaning PWM. I think I was meaning that the
interval between each blink could be e.g. 12 sec instead of 2 sec.

PWM is used in the on-time to blink the led on and off very fast so
that it appears as always on, but dimmed.

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>