Progress on GTA01 power management issues !

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:48:35 CEST 2008

On 4/21/08, Fredrik Markström <fredrik.markstrom at avalon-technology.se> wrote:
> Still no official comments on this issue ?
>
> Until this is resolved I advice newcomers to be careful before
> spending $399 on another piece of potentially
> useless hardware (GTA02). From my point of view openmoko might be as
> silent and unresponsive, using "busy
> with nextgen hardware" as an excuse with any future hardware revision.

I think you have misunderstood the consept. Now Openmoko works
hard to bring out the GTA02 STK to software developers. The software
developers are the community. We will implement power management
and Openmoko is nice enough to help us by (they hired people just to
help us).

> The iPhone is not open but at least useful, and also $399 !

Then go and buy an iPhone if you rather have that. If you do not want
a developer edition, but a consumer ready phone, you should not
buy the Freerunner yet.

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>