Charging Neo Freerunner via USB port

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at
Mon Apr 21 21:36:48 CEST 2008

Hello Joachim.

Thank You for the information.

On 4/19/08, Joachim Steiger <roh at> wrote:
> the id pin is connected directly to pin9 of the pmu (adcin1)
> in addition to that there is one resistor of 100k(1%) to gnd and one of
> 39k(1%) to pin8 of the pmu (accsw)
> now everyone should be able to do the math while looking at the pmu
> datasheet. ;)

I am looking at the PMU datasheet, and I just want to verify Your information.

In PCF50633 at page 14 (page 119 in PCF50633 user manual), accsw is
connected to adcin1 with a 100k resistor and adcin is connected to gnd
with Racc. Is the information I got from You correct?

I will look at the current kernel driver to see how it is implemented, but I
assume ratiometric measurement is used (ref. PCD50633 user manual
@ page 102).

best regards,

Flemming Richter
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: