QEMU slooooow

Bastian Muck bastian.muck at gmx.de
Tue Apr 22 17:56:21 CEST 2008

AFAIK the emulator emulates the hardware of the neo. This is of course
not very effiicient because the neo uses non X86-architecture. On my
desktop-pc (AMD XP 3000+) qemu is also unusable slow. On my laptop
(Core2Duo 1,86) it is a lot faster (could be used as phone, but for
ordinary use also a bit slow).

Greetings Bastian

<mailto:eg at tzv.fal.de>>:

|         > Hi List
|         >
|         > just wondering if everyone else is suffering from a
veeerrrry slooooow
|         > operation in qemu openmoko. First it takes 10 minutes too
boot and then
|         > trying the applications like calendar or entering telephon
numbers is so slow
|         > that I never got past one entry.
|         >
|         > As I have not really seen any comments in this regards,
maybe there are means
|         > to speed this up.
|         >
|         > greetings
|         >
|         > Eildert
|         >

| Yep same pb here... but I was trying on a dell x1 (ULV 1,1GHz so i was
thinking mabe it was normal...)