QEMU slooooow

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Tue Apr 22 18:18:44 CEST 2008

Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> Hi List
> just wondering if everyone else is suffering from a veeerrrry slooooow
> operation in qemu openmoko. First it takes 10 minutes too boot and then
> trying the applications like calendar or entering telephon numbers is so slow
> that I never got past one entry.
> As I have not really seen any comments in this regards, maybe there are means
> to speed this up.

The quemo in this setup emulates the whole phone.

If you only want to see how the software works, check out Xoo.
Surely, some hardware depended things will not work, but it will be faster.
Depends on what you want...

Qemu was always a tool to emulate the phone and not to evaluate any
software in realtime speed.
There where times where only a emulator existed for the Neo, no
hardware. This was when the qemu setup came up.

PS: I never tested Xoo. I trust the wiki howto works.