What US plans are people using?

Kevin Dean kevin at foreverdean.info
Tue Apr 22 23:44:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Travis Tabbal <travis at tabbal.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the info. T-Mobile seems to have good coverage here. It sounds
> like the Total Internet plan is the way to go. I'm looking forward to the
> release of Freerunner. I love being able to add/change software on my phone.
> I've been waiting to buy a new phone for Freerunner. Has the 850Mhz issue
> been resolved?

That issues actually confuses the hell out of me. :)

Per the wiki "Will a modification to my Neo 1973 (GTA01bv4) be
possible? As of Feb 08, it has been confirmed by OpenMoko that this is
not possible" (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/US_850_band_users_wanting_to_sell_Neo)

This implies that a GTA01bv4 can NOT use 850 mhz. But my Neo1973 works
PERFECTLY in the USA, which means either it DOES support 850mhz OR
that the LACK of 850mhz is irrelevant.