Progress on GTA01 power management issues !

Fredrik Markström fredrik.markstrom at
Wed Apr 23 15:28:31 CEST 2008

Hello Richter !

I have not made any complains regarding the software, what I am
complaining about is the fact that
no representative from openmoko has commented on the bug that makes
the GTA01 not wakeup from
suspend on incoming calls and/or SMS:es. (reliably anyway)

As far as I understand people in the community has been investigating
this and indicated that
it is likely to be a bug related to the modem hardware or firmware. Me
and others has asked this question
a number of times on this list, but so far no official comments.

I didn't expect the GTA01 (or any product as complex as this) to be
bug free, but I did expect openmoko to
be open and supportive. If this is how they will handle current and
future problems (with silence), I'd advice
against buying their stuff.