Thoughts about calls not taken

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Wed Apr 23 23:44:33 CEST 2008

Sorry, just realized I hadn't finished my thought...

ian douglas wrote:
> I use pidgin (gaim) for IM, and you can set several 'away' messages
> depending on why you don't want to be disturbed. Some sort of voicemail
> app on the phone which plays back one of several messages like "Hi, I'm
> enjoying a movie right now, leave a message or check back later" or
> "Sorry I can't take your call, I'm in a meeting, leave a message" or
> whatever.

... Having a voice mail app on the phone that acts like pidgin for
setting multiple 'away' scenarios would be extremely useful. I've seen
some Emails on the list recently about a voice mail app, but I don't
recall what it was called or whether it has this sort of feature.
Haven't got the time at the moment to look it up and see.

-id