Video of Qt 4.4 on Neo1973: brings iPhone like graphics

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Thu Apr 24 08:20:01 CEST 2008

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:08:23 -0700 "Shawn Rutledge"
<shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> babbled:

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
> <mail at 3v1n0.net> wrote:
> >  Just a question: the widgets shown are they running on X?
>
> I would say not, because you can see the blinking text-console cursor
> in the upper-left corner.  I have run into the same thing when doing
> framebuffer graphics: wasn't sure how to turn it off.

you have to create a new vt and "own" it. you need to be root to do this. i.e.

int vt_num = 7;
ioctl(tty0_fd, VT_OPENQRY, &vt_num);

then the usutal kdgetmode/vt_getmode - (sore current fb state) kdsetmode to
kd_graphics mode..... etc.
(set up vt switching on sigusr1/2 etc.)