NZ Group order

David Murrell dmurrell at
Fri Apr 25 14:53:45 CEST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Robin Paulson
Sent: Friday, 25 April 2008 7:31 p.m.
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: NZ Group order

2008/4/25 Christ van Willegen <cvwillegen at>:
>  On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:18 AM, David Murrell <dmurrell at>
>  > I've got approval from my er, financial controller :)
>  Wife?
Partner, rather than wife, but this fits into the capital expenditure range,
so she gets a say on it.

>  Yeah, me too... although I am on another group buy list ;-)
>  Christ van Willegen

do any of you know about the situation on frequencies in nz? i hear telecom
and vodafone use different bands, 850 and 900 respectively. is this correct?

This is something I've been wondering about as well. It would be
particularly nice if I could choose a different provider by switching
simcards. I realise this isn't removetly possible with the current cdma
phones that telecom has, but the 'next generation cell network' thing sounds
like it might be compatable?