Youtube Video Playback on Neo Freerunner? (Re: Video Playback virtually impossible on Neo Freerunner?)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 26 04:40:22 CEST 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:56:44 +0200 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at 3v1n0.net>
babbled:

> Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 03:38:24 +0200 "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)"
> > <mail at 3v1n0.net> babbled:
> >> Another format that maybe works on streaming (if I've not misunderstood
> >> what has been stated) is
> >>   * 5: 320x240 at 30fps flv file
> >
> > no - not going to work. 21fps at best. :(
>
> Ah... I thought that the limitation was only on playing media saved on
> SD, not on data streaming from the net.
>
> Anyway if the player frame-dropping is enabled (or setting the -fps
> value to 20 in mplayer, for example), I guess we could get a better
> video quality than the other formats...

as per the thread (just scroll back through it) there is a general limitation
of video bus bandwidth. this will always limit the amount of data you can feed
to the graphics chip (the glamo). this SAME bus is SHARED with SD Card data. so
that same bandwidth now is for both functions, not just graphics.

i tested - 21fps is what i got for my 320x240 test mp3g4 file (of course
bitrate will vary this framerate, and different codecs will also affect it).