OpenMoko Remote Controller (SoC)

steve steve at
Sun Apr 27 17:04:50 CEST 2008

here is the spec on the accells

google accelerometer applications.,2880,764%255F%255F43,00.html

is a good place to start. I'll dig up more later if you like

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Flemming Richter
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2008 1:32 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: OpenMoko Remote Controller (SoC)

On 4/27/08, David Murrell <dmurrell at> wrote:
> Are we talking the sorta half second delay with exagerated drunk movements
> required to operate the nintendo wii, or precise movements that can catch
> cat doing the sideways wiggle in realtime before she jumps at something if
> was to strap it to her?

It _is_ very accurate, but you need to filter the signals (same issue
as with the touch screen, both needs a LP filter)

> (Yes, I realise that attaching a phone to a cat is like trying to pin the
> tail on a live donkey, you get one chance, and then its all pain, but I
> digress)
You really tried both things? I would like to see a video of when you pin
the donkeys tail to a cat strapped to a phone :p

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone

Openmoko community mailing list
community at