Video Playback virtually impossible on Neo Freerunner? (Re: Video of Qt 4.4 on Neo1973: brings iPhone like graphics)
Kristian 'kriss' Mueller
kriss at mput.de
Mon Apr 28 00:17:06 CEST 2008
Am Donnerstag, den 24.04.2008, 11:19 +0200 schrieb Christoph Witzany:
> As I understood Video playback will be virtually impossible on the
> freerunner, at least from the sd card (which is the only sensible
> location to store videos on the neo ftm).
I did some testing on that with GTA01.
> Please correct me if I misunderstood.
Even with GTA01 it was possible - though the tests I made there are not
valid for GTA02 (don't have one yet).
What I found out with mplayer is:
1) H.264 will take to much time to decompress (even at low bitrates)
2) SDL will be the fastest way to output without HW acceleration
3) using H.263 (as Youtube does) I could get the best
4) using 320x240 and scale to 640x480 (480x640) is doable
Some of those findings are documented at the buttom of
> If I interpreted Carsten right 640x480 video will
> display at 5-10 fps at best, right?
Actually with GTA01 I've had 13 fps in fullscreen mode (320x240 ->
480x640) which looked really okay and was viewable.
A 640x480 H.263 though with reasonable bitrate took to much cpu-power to
Anyway, with GTA02 you should take a try - it seems doable in SW even
without 2D acceleration, as it just has more cpu power. - try to start
mencoder -quiet -ofps 13 -vf scale -zoom -xy 352 -af channels=1:0:0:1:0
-oac lavc -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
-o <outfile> <infile>
mplayer -autosync 30 -vf scale -zoom -xy 640 -vf rotate=1 -sws 0
-vo sdl -fs -framedrop <tagetfile>
Greetings from Berlin
/* Web: http://www.mput.de | Tel: +49 (0)170/6692447 *
* Blog: http://mput.de/blog | ICQ: 93248497 *
* GPG-ID: 4BBB6525 (..2009) | Jabber: kristian at mput.de *
* Twitter: kristian_m | MSN: mueller.kristian at vdi.de */
More information about the community