Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Ryan Prior ryanprior at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 03:21:28 CEST 2008

The community list is for getting phones into peoples' hands? Where has the
actual community discussion gone, then? If there is need for a special
purpose list to get phones into peoples' hands, it would not be hard to
create one. Besides, it's not hard to share mailing list bandwidth between
various purposes. I simply can't buy the notion that "the community mailing
list is not suited to community discussion at this time".

I never said anything about a conspiracy - I just thought I'd point out that
it strikes me as strange to respond to somebody's call to open up a process
and involve the community by asking that person to make their communications
private!