Video Playback virtually impossible on Neo Freerunner? (Re: Video of Qt 4.4 on Neo1973: brings iPhone like graphics)

Sebastian Billaudelle sebbil at gmx.de
Mon Apr 28 16:18:51 CEST 2008

Am Montag, den 28.04.2008, 15:12 +0300 schrieb Mikko Rauhala:

> Really peeps, face it, seems that the sane way to do non-crappy video on
> the Freerunner is to get driver support for that Glamo mpeg-4 decoding
> (remember, the hardware is capable). Hopefully everyone's grasping at
> straws makes OM bump up the priority a bit (though again, for now there
> are certainly more important things to do).

I'm not sure whether the glamo is able to do mpeg-4 decoding. I just
watched the website of this chip
(http://www.smediatech.com/product3362.htm)
and there you can read the following:

"The Glamo3365 Mobile Multimedia coProcessor boasts a 5M pixels digital
photo resolution image processor. The
MPEG4 codec enables 30 frames per second in up to VGA resolution,
producing life-like video quality on a mobile phone display."

There is nothing about the 3362 (used in FR), isn't it?

Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Sebastian Billaudelle

Please do not send me any Microsoft Office documents - I won't accept
them!
See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html for more
information!

Sorry!