Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:00:18 CEST 2008

On 4/28/08, Ryan Prior <ryanprior at gmail.com> wrote:
> The community list is for getting phones into peoples' hands? Where has the
> actual community discussion gone, then? If there is need for a special
> purpose list to get phones into peoples' hands, it would not be hard to
> create one. Besides, it's not hard to share mailing list bandwidth between
> various purposes. I simply can't buy the notion that "the community mailing
> list is not suited to community discussion at this time".

There is already too much noise on on the community mailing list.
I am sure we will get all the details soon:)

> I never said anything about a conspiracy - I just thought I'd point out that
> it strikes me as strange to respond to somebody's call to open up a process
> and involve the community by asking that person to make their communications
> private!

So according to you, it should not be possible to talk with people
outside the mailing list?

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone