Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at
Mon Apr 28 17:00:18 CEST 2008

On 4/28/08, Ryan Prior <ryanprior at> wrote:
> The community list is for getting phones into peoples' hands? Where has the
> actual community discussion gone, then? If there is need for a special
> purpose list to get phones into peoples' hands, it would not be hard to
> create one. Besides, it's not hard to share mailing list bandwidth between
> various purposes. I simply can't buy the notion that "the community mailing
> list is not suited to community discussion at this time".

There is already too much noise on on the community mailing list.
I am sure we will get all the details soon:)

> I never said anything about a conspiracy - I just thought I'd point out that
> it strikes me as strange to respond to somebody's call to open up a process
> and involve the community by asking that person to make their communications
> private!

So according to you, it should not be possible to talk with people
outside the mailing list?

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:

Free your mind - Open(moko) your phone