Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Crane, Matthew mcrane03 at harris.com
Mon Apr 28 19:23:01 CEST 2008

To me, the title of this thread seems very strange, as if engineering
and community is mutually exclusive.

If this is primarily a developer platform, why are there so many intense
opinions about such superficial things as color and marketing anyways?

Personally, I was expecting that once the platform is absolutely solid,
flexible, etc, then would be the time to release various versions forms
of the hardware to suit particular marketing niches.   That will come in
due time.

If people want to get involved outside of "hard" engineering why not dig
into gui look-and-feel?  If that's still too technical, then maybe
there's just not the room someone's looking for in this particular
project..  Really that's ok and to sometimes be expected.

I mean marketing is really just "how to sell" and that's entirely up to
the company taking the financial risk for this particular product, imho.

Matt