Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

hank williams hank777 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:51:36 CEST 2008

> If this is primarily a developer platform, why are there so many intense
> opinions about such superficial things as color and marketing anyways?

In today's world, there is *very* little daylight between marketing and
engineering. They are of a piece. The product design, the feature set, and
yes even the physical form factor are all both engineering issues as well as
marketing issues. Apple is a prime example of this. The beauty of the design
of their products is all about marketing, but could not be achieved without
incredible engineering on the electrical, software, and mechanical
engineering fronts. So I don't think, particularly for a phone, you can
separate these issues.

Hank

--
blog: whydoeseverythingsuck.com