Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Geoff Ruscoe gcruscoe at sigmavisions.com
Mon Apr 28 19:54:50 CEST 2008

And to be completely frank about about, I've found the tone of this thread
the ugliest thing going on!

I'm happy with just getting this phone so I can start developing for it, and
I've found most of the push on this thread extremely negative and
unproductive.  I would guess that's why a private thread was suggested.
Then that gets turned into an ugly mess as well.

If we have to prioritize to not clog up the list, then right now the focus
should be on getting these devices shipped.  Discussion about future models
is fine, but the whole premise of me and my friends this thing are ugly, is
purely unproductive.

I hope we can just move on and let this thread die.

Heres to the great job everyone has been doing.  Can't wait to get a
FreeRunner and take part!

Sincerely,
Geoff

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com>
wrote:

> hank williams wrote:
>
> > I have to say my unvoiced thoughts were the same as Ryan's. I was not at
> > all clear why a call for the community to help figure marketing stuff out
> > would be met by a request to take the discussion off list as though it was
> > somehow inappropriate for public discussion. It seemed like a very strange
> > response. Now reading the responses to Ryan's comments seem even more
> > strange. I feel like I am missing something because the responses to Ryan's
> > comments seem on the surface, inappropriate as well.
> >

> Me too!

Geoff Ruscoe
Sigma Visions Computer Consulting