Engineering Driven vs. Community Driven (was Re: Ugliness)

Shawn Rutledge shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:14:58 CEST 2008

I was just hoping that if not a lot of phones get sold (mere thousands
or tens of thousands) OpenMoko still makes enough money to keep going,
and to design a sexy phone next time around, when there can be an
optimized case design rather than a leftover one, and when the
software is polished enough that it has a chance of mass-market
appeal.  (If the software was best-in-class, the case could maybe even
be overlooked by a decent fraction of people.)  It's good if we have
marketing people interested in how to make it sell better, but I agree
the GTA02 is probably not the phone that's going to take the world by
storm, yet.  Maybe there isn't much harm in talking about what to
improve next time even though "next time" isn't really upon us yet.