Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Andy Green andy at
Tue Apr 29 14:55:45 CEST 2008

|>  | Is it possible to turn off these LEDs via Software?

|>  Yes, they're all controlled from the CPU and default to being off.

| Does this mean that they won't draw any power when they're turned off?

They won't draw any power when off... that part works as intended.

It's only when you turn them on, the transistor causes the CPU pin
itself to eat current itself due to an oversight.  The effect in
consumption terms is something as if you lit several LEDs instead of the
one, say.  But the LEDs come on and off as normal, are lit properly, etc.

In normal use the LEDs aren't on much if at all, so it isn't anything
that would stop me getting an A5 personally.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -