Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6?

Gilbert Hartmann BertHartm at
Tue Apr 29 16:22:56 CEST 2008

Crane, Matthew wrote:
| How complicated would surgery to fix this be?  Is it reasonable to
| create a wiki page detailing hw fix?
| Matt
On Behalf Of Andy Green
| Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 8:56 AM
| To: List for Openmoko community discussion
| Subject: Re: Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future
| Button and LED software spec)
| Somebody in the thread at some point said:
| |>  | Is it possible to turn off these LEDs via Software?
| |>  Yes, they're all controlled from the CPU and default to being off.
| | Does this mean that they won't draw any power when they're turned off?
| They won't draw any power when off... that part works as intended.
| It's only when you turn them on, the transistor causes the CPU pin
| itself to eat current itself due to an oversight.  The effect in
| consumption terms is something as if you lit several LEDs instead of the
| one, say.  But the LEDs come on and off as normal, are lit properly,
| etc.
| In normal use the LEDs aren't on much if at all, so it isn't anything
| that would stop me getting an A5 personally.
| -Andy

I believe I've read somewhere (probably another branch of this thread) that the
LED issue will be fixed for all shipping Freerunners because they just need to
switch out a transistor (though the current testing models still have it). So no
surgery will be necessary.

- --Bert
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -