Freerunner GPS not working

Jan Keymeulen spam at
Fri Aug 1 10:23:30 CEST 2008

I'm unable to get a GPS fix on my Freerunner, S/N 8A8602882. I'm using
a "Linux om-gta02 2.6.24 #1 PREEMPT Wed Jul 30 11:56:48 CEST 2008"
kernel with the stock 2007.2 that came with the Freerunner.

After trying agpsui as descibed in the wiki for about an hour - without any
satellites seen and trying the instructions given in I still
don't get squad. Of course, tangogps and the lot don't work either.

For those who understand NMEA, I'm seeing the following sequence in a
apparently endless loop:

For as far I can see, the internal antenna connector is seated well.

Any ideas?

"I have four children, and I want them to grow up in a country with a
WORKING first amendment."
  -- Frank Zappa