Freerunner-powered bike ride

Lin Mac mkl23 at
Sat Aug 2 21:53:39 CEST 2008

hi Andr¨¦,

is it something like this?

my friend likes riding bicycle but he laugh at me when I offered he the possibility to mount and charge FR.
I would like to show him the photo of mount-kit, and even the charger after you finish it.

Best Regards,
Mac Lin

> Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:17:51 +0200
> From: gaul at
> To: community at
> Subject: Freerunner-powered bike ride
> Hi community!
> Just want to drop a line that I today made my first bike ride with a
> Freerunner mounted on the handle bar of my bike. If someone is
> interested I could take some photos to show what the mount-kit looks
> like and how the Freerunner fits in.
> It's a universal mobile phone bike-mount-kit by LesCars (don't want to
> push the brand, but there are only few mount-kits for bikes out there)
> [1]. All ports (USB, GPS, audio) and the 2 buttons are usable with this
> mount-kit.
> With tangoGPS I had a lot of fun riding around town exploring new roads
> for Openstreetmap. ;)
> The next step would be a dynamo-powered charger for the Freerunner. I
> read an article in the german computer magazine ct [2] about creating a
> converter for charging USB devices while riding your bike with a
> hub-dynamo. The article provides detailed instructions for building it
> yourself, but I don't have the necessary soldering skills. So I'll have
> to ask soldering-experts... ;)
> Happy ridin!
> Andr¨¦
> [1] description in german:
> [2] ct magazine 23/2007 page 190, german language
> (

ëSÉíµÄ Windows Live Messenger ºÍ Hotmail£¬²»ÏÞ•rµØÕÆÎÕÙYӍ±MÔÚÖ¸ég ¡ª Windows Live for Mobile