Tmobile GPRS

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at
Tue Aug 5 00:36:06 CEST 2008

sön 2008-08-03 klockan 10:28 -0400 skrev xaos x:
> First off, the phone I have is the gta02.

I like it to, a lot!
+ the boots are nice
- the UI takes forever to get started
- no minimo (would make the phone usable on the way to work)
- no accelerometer readings via dbus (yet)

I've got ppp working using mdbus for the Parlino operator (uses Comviq's
network) which basically was a nobrainer once you found the dbus methods
to call.

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.ActivateContext x x

Sets up ppp with IP, DNS and (replaces) default route. However, after I
disconnect (using mdbus ....PDP.DeactivateContext) zhone reports that
there's no network signal - the signal strength bar is empty (black).

/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetStatus failed:

Is there anything i should do, or avoid doing?

Thanks again, playing with the FSO really is fun! :)

/ Fredrik