Navit?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 6 11:09:29 CEST 2008

Harald Koenig wrote:
> On Aug 05, Dale Maggee wrote:
>

>> Thanks, but I've got the map problem sorted out, I think... now I just
>> need to get it working with gpsd...
>>

> when I first compiled navit for openmoko I had to add libgps devel
> to my (cross) build environment to make ./configure add the gpsd support
> (check the tail of the output of configure!), then it worked quite fine.
>
> here I have tar files (no ipk yet, sorry) from two builds form July 12
> and August 4, just extract them in / and run "navit" in a terminal...
>
>     http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~koenig/navit.arm.1.tgz
>     http://www.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de/~koenig/navit.arm.2.tgz
>

> Harald

Forgive what is probably a dumb question (I'm not a coder), but how do I
install the libgps devel stuff? I noticed the section in the ToolChain
Wiki mentioning 'Installing additional libraries into the toolchain'.
and I figured this is probably what I needed to do, but I have no Idea
where to get libgps...?

Thanks, I'll try out your tarballs now...

-Dale