GPRS internet connection applet

xaos x xaos at
Wed Aug 6 19:14:27 CEST 2008

Google translate works wonders... I got this nice little script working using the scaredycat repo for the packages. The script works awesomely for connecting and disconnecting. There is just the little issue of the GSM not being able to reconnect to the phone network after disconnecting ppp unless you restart X.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niccolo Rigacci" <niccolo at>
To: "List for Openmoko community discussion" <community at>
Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 12:48:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: GPRS internet connection applet

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 12:33:32PM -0400, Daniel Benoy wrote:
> How did you get pygtk running?  I have the problem here:

Installing was a little nightmare, because of repositories
missing packages that were listed, etc.

I had to wipe all the opkg lists, download packages from two
different repo, and manually install them.

Don't know if I can reproduce the recipe, howerver here I have
the list of packages and the two repo I used:
In Italian, sorry, but I think you can manage the list.

Niccolo Rigacci
Firenze - Italy

Openmoko community mailing list
community at