Debian on FreeRunner

Yaroslav Halchenko at
Thu Aug 7 20:35:03 CEST 2008

well -- bringing openmoko's changes and novel packages into
emdebian port [0] sounds like a great task which many would
appreciate. It might be worth inquiring [1]  people on
suggestions and plausibility/interest of such a project. Then indeed it
might become a point that we could simply run the best OS on our phones
as well supporting all the phone features  ;-)

if someone jumps to package things for emdebian, and those packages are
forth to appear in the mainline Debian (some parts of matchbox are in
the mainline I believe), I could spare some time for sponsoring
their uploads into Debian, so your efforts don't vanish due to