Any opinions on purchasing from Koolu?

Nick Van Fossen stix213 at
Fri Aug 8 01:12:47 CEST 2008

I've been trying to purchase a new 850 Freerunner for almost 2 weeks now, but as you already know the openmoko online store still says they are to arrive on July 25th...  The only two US distributors are Koolu, and only lists the Neo 1973 - not freerunner, and has been ignoring my e-mails for a week and a half, so I guess my only choice is Koolu.

But, Koolu looks like they want to go a different direction with their phones than Openmoko does by installing Android, Google Apps, and some other goodies that I have no interest in.  I've been hesitant to purchase from them because of this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has purchased an 850 Freerunner from Koolu and how that went?  Did you get your phone?  Have any problems with Koolu?  Do you have any problems installing any of the openmoko builds/stacks?

Get more from your digital life.  Find out how.