Openmoko Om 2008.8 Release
will at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 8 13:03:32 CEST 2008
We are proud to announce the release of Om 2008.8 for public reviewing.
It represents our current state of development over the last 6 months.
We came a long way before achieving this milestone.
Here is what you can expect:
- A stable and working phone stack realized by using Qtopia.
- A new and flexible window manager [Illume] that broadens our support
for the different graphic libraries, including GTK+ and more.
- The whole system software has been reworked which leads to a very fast
and reliable suspend & resume, LED control and power management.
- A graphical frontend [Installer] for package management as installing,
removing or updating applications via repositories.
- Also included is an application which combines GPS and SMS [Locations]
for easy sharing of locations among friends.
For detailed information about Om 2008.8 (including instructions,
references and currently known issues) check out our wiki at:
Please consider this a next step towards an open end user ready mobile
platform. We are not there yet but we will continue working towards that
direction. We invite you to install our latest release and give feedback:
Soon after our release we will publish frequent snapshots of our
builds to give you the possibility to follow our development and latest
fixes. You can join forces with our QA team by submitting bug reports
and/or patches to make the platform as robust as possible.
We are excited about this release and look forward to moving together
towards upcoming milestones.
More information about the community