xaos at xaositects.com
Fri Aug 8 23:48:09 CEST 2008
OK, I really want to like it, but it has some deal killers some of which are beyond my ability to fix.
1. it only connects to the phone network on every fourth boot or so. Not sure if that's a provider problem or not. It works fine in 2007.2. there doesn't seem to be a libgsm-util utility or a gsmd anymore so I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting it.
2. pppd doesn't connect to GPRS anymore. is om2008.8 using multiplexing now or does the gsm still need to be reset before connecting to gprs? If so, how does one disable it?
3. terminal not installed by default. This is kind of frustrating if you have usb network problems and need to get it going.
4. is there a way to change the fonts on the menus and the menu look in general?
5. qpe crashes randomly.
6. wifi says "unknown" for status and no iwconfig available.
7. what's up with resolvconf? I can't seem to get it to config a nameserver to save my life.
I realize these things are to be expected as this release just came out today and some of these things are already filed as bugs , but I thought I'd add my $0.02 and ask some questions in the process.
More information about the community