Booting OM 2008.08 from SD - Re: Openmoko Om 2008.8 Release

Olivier Berger oberger at
Sat Aug 9 15:18:47 CEST 2008

Olivier Berger <oberger at> writes:

> I changed u-boot env to add a new
> menu entry including init=/sbin/init.
> It went a bit further this time : kernel boots and I can see the
> booting splash screen (with boots and progress bar), although the X
> server wasn't started, I guess : I get a black screen.
> I updated the
> show an example menu with the init kernel arg.
> Anyone succeeded in booting the new image from (micro)SD ?

To follow-up on that issue.

It seems that after having failed initially, I tried again (nothing
changed), and this time, the X server started allright.

I even was able to input the pin (hard with that strange keyboard),
and place/receive calls.

Success, I declare !

Now, I'll have to update to update details on
how to boot it from SD.

Thanks for the feedbacks received. It helped me keep on trying ;-)

Best regards,
Olivier BERGER