2008 WTF??

Jacob Peterson jacobp at iastate.edu
Sat Aug 9 20:33:37 CEST 2008

You need to take into account that this is just a milestone release, a
snapshot of the current progress of the ASU development.  It is *NOT* a
final release in any way, shape or form.  If you read the announcement by
William Lai he lists:

"- A stable and working phone stack realized by using Qtopia.
- A new and flexible window manager [Illume] that broadens our support
for the different graphic libraries, including GTK+ and more.
- The whole system software has been reworked which leads to a very fast
and reliable suspend & resume, LED control and power management.
- A graphical frontend [Installer] for package management as installing,
removing or updating applications via repositories.
- Also included is an application which combines GPS and SMS [Locations]
for easy sharing of locations among friends."

I would say it does meet all of those points.

What is it not, is a final phone distribution that is completely finished.
This is only the first of many milestones before any type of final release.

-Jacob