2008 WTF??

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 9 21:23:19 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 13:33 -0500, Jacob Peterson wrote:
> You need to take into account that this is just a milestone release,

> "- A stable and working phone stack realized by using Qtopia.

> I would say it does meet all of those points.
> What is it not, is a final phone distribution that is completely
> finished.  This is only the first of many milestones before any type
> of final release.

OM has a TRAC system - if there is a problem raise a bug for it.  The
sooner they are told something is wrong, the sooner it will get
attention.  Especially the keyboard - if people just rant, it will get
ignored.  Tell them what a pile it is - officially!

and yes, I raised a bug on the keyboard, and another on the fact the
phone wont register. 2008.8 makes an expensive paperweight.

AND I believed the blurb about 2008.8 being a basic, but stable and
working.  However, it is a weekend, give em time.