descriptions for openembedded/openmoko packages?

Olivier Berger oberger at
Sat Aug 9 23:53:28 CEST 2008

"arne anka" <openmoko at> writes:

> hi,
> is there a place where the packages available in the oe/om source repos
> are described?
> when looking through the code amassed by mokomakefile i often wonder what
> kind of apps might be hidden behind some of these hermetic names ...

Browsing at the available applications descriptions in the installer
in 2008.8 doesn't provide much more infos, I guess.

Maybe onliners aren't enough to describe applications ?

Of course that consumes space in the catalogs of opkg (reason for
keeping them short in OE environments in general)... but FR have
enough room for more detailed descriptions I guess.

My 2 cents,

Olivier BERGER