Moving my 2007.2 to SD to try 2008.8 with fallback solution

Olivier Berger oberger at
Sun Aug 10 22:47:57 CEST 2008

Jay Vaughan <jayv at> writes:

>> I thought of another way to proceed in between, and started to
>> document it here :
> Great work!  I was going to do something similar to this myself this
> weekend but I'll wait to hear of your results before I do! :)

One issue I've found is that cp -a didn't relyably copy from MTD/flash
to SD 5 or 6 files.

After diff -r on dirs I found out which and md5sumed them...

That's rather frightening, I think :(

Anyway, I copied them over again, and am now trying to figure out if I
can boot OK with right kernel and if it goes well.

Will report in case of success.
Olivier BERGER