GPS rework: Please test and report on software fix priorto attempting any hardware fix

steve steve at
Mon Aug 11 03:21:41 CEST 2008

A wiki wont do.

A proper test proceedure and test report is called for.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Michael Shiloh
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 5:33 PM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: GPS rework: Please test and report on software fix priorto
attempting any hardware fix

Agreed. I've been trying to gather that information for the past little
while. It's proven rather elusive, and I didn't want more people to try the
hardware fix until we really understand what the software fix can do, so I
thought I'd better ask for the test ASAP, and then continue working on the

Andy, can you provide links to two kernels: one before, and one after the

The test will consist something like

cat /dev/ttySAC1 | grep GPGGA

and then time it until it gets a fix. I'll be more specific.

Perhaps I'll set up a wiki page for this.