GPRS / Wifi

Mike Baroukh mike at baroukh.com
Mon Aug 11 08:04:43 CEST 2008

Thanks for your reply.
But I still not agree.

> which means of communications hould the fr chose?
configuration will say it.
the user ordered is preferences.
Maybe depending on price.
Maybe depending on performance.

so it's not really automatic (and had nothing to do with the keyboard
problem ;) ) : I choosed before.

If I take a concrete example : my ~/.wgetrc.
i wan't to connect to internet
- from home, with wifi, I have direct access to internet.
- from work, with wifi, I must use a proxy.
- from outside, I must use GPRS with another proxy.

It's easy to make a script that will update .wgetrc.
But there will be configuration
- in wpa_supplicant ( If I understood well).
- in "post-up" operations of pppd.

Those scripts are not specifics to users.
Everyone will have do the same.

Anyway, I'll try to do something for me and see if it can be shared.