Could someone explain me the + + + and the * at the bottom ofthescreen (Om 2008.8) ?

steve steve at
Wed Aug 13 00:03:37 CEST 2008

1. It will adjusted obviously to make it usable, when the functionality is
2. Its easier to keep them and have them do nothing. As we get more toward a
beta release
   Some of these things will become clearer.

  when I sat down dith the designers, the first two questions I had were
The '+' and '*'  So, I understand your current confusion.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Yaroslav
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 8:29 AM
To: community at
Subject: Re: Could someone explain me the + + + and the * at the bottom
ofthescreen (Om 2008.8) ?

1. if special is smth to be used frequently then now * got the worst place
-- with finger it is nearly impossible to press in the left bottom corner --
just try

2. in most of the situations those placeholders are EMPTY, so why to keep
them? may be there is a reasonable solution (not too much coding) to hide
them automagically if they are empty?? having empty "+"s is plain silly.
Another option is to make that panel floating as well as the top panel --
click on "^" and it comes up with beautiful "+"s ;-)