Using freerunner as a telephone

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 14:21:02 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 13:49, Tim Coggins <sonicated at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found Qtopia had problems receiving calls when suspended and
> receiving text messages. Also pressing the keypad whilst making a call
> didn't work, rendering my voicemail useless for the calls I missed.
>
> It frequently displayed No network too, dispite being in an area with
> excellent coverage.
>
> Tim

For me -tested Om2007.2, ASU, Qtopia- , Qtopia was the distro with the
best suspend behaviour : always wake up on calls, I think also for
sms, and does not wake up else (gsm registration...). Keypad during
calls also worked.

But maybe since the last release it is not so true anymore... not used
enough to be sure but I think I have more little hiccups too...
And yes, gsm may be less good because these 3 last days (after
update), it usually decides to automatically connect to another
(Roaming) network (stronger reception). Last weeks it didn't, and it
is at the same location.
(And that is a problem for me since manual selection of network does
not work, so I have to keep roaming....)