Ahah: and you released anyway ? - Re: [ Software Testing Report : 2008.08.07 ]

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Wed Aug 13 14:21:39 CEST 2008

Michele Renda <michele.renda at gmail.com> writes:

> This type of comments are the type of comment that I hate most of all.
> Please let the people to work in peace, and if you want to make an
> appoint, please make in a constructive way.
> We all was knowing that OM 2008.8 was in very early development, and no
> one force you to use it.
> People like you bring firms to have a close development process.

Please re-read
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/025619.html !

I'd have expected a release announcement saying that it was not ready,
because (as QA report exhibited) there were major problems, but that,
still, people who would like to help could test-drive it.

It was all like : "it's much better than 2007.2", which it wasn't for
serious reasons.

Hence my disappointment (which turned into anger, with the bugtracker
usage misunderstandings).

Again, this was a big frustration for all those who believed in what
was announced in the release message.

But I think I have made enough rant.

Be sure that this won't stop me from trying to be as constructive as I
can in other technical areas.

Lookin' forward for next batch of updates, and let's see if QA work is
more seriously taken into consideration before releasing, then.

Best regards,
Olivier BERGER