2008.9 - Was Re: Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Wed Aug 13 14:42:23 CEST 2008

>> Please issue it when it's READY and not on 2008.9.9 at 09:09:09
>> just for the fun
>> of it.
>
> Idea of Open Source projects is to release them before they're ready,
> to let community work on them as well.

That would be fine in our case, *if* we could work on them
concurrently, but there is so much cruft in dealing with the build
environment - and too many forks in the details - that it makes it
very unproductive to try to contribute.

If we could get a list of people who are the *main* developers
responsible for the contributions in the image, and if those people
would then tell us other developers, reliably, how to catch up and
keep up with them with regards to code changes and build environments,
and if there were a few reliably sync'ed images produced that we 3rd
party developers could verify our own local results against, this
situation will change.

;
--
Jay Vaughan