which updates for Om 2008.8 ?

Julian Chu julian_chu at openmoko.com
Thu Aug 14 05:19:52 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 10:34:04AM +0930, Rod Whitby wrote:
> Holger Freyther wrote:
> >> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1809
> >>
> >> Please fix that ticket.
> >
> > You are right, this ticket needs to be fixed and it is on the way. One part of
> > the fix would be to remove the daily feed just now.
>
> Seriously, now that you have graciously provided a temporary correct
> daily feed of Om2008.08, I would strongly recommend removing the
> incorrect one.  "First, do no harm".
> Understood.  Thanks for letting us know that a decision has been made
> and it's now just a matter of implementation.
>
> -- Rod

Hi,
    I am the leader of building stuff.

    We did a release in 2008.8 then provide a stable feed.
    Buidhost is a building machine that build many things with
    AUTOREV. That means everything comes from buildhost is *Unstable*

    We provide buildhost for the reason that we hopes we can provide
    latest packages for someone who like fresh.

    Right now it confused many people, we know that and are going to
    shut down the http interface.

    Many people concern about 2008.8 repository. Let me explain what we
    are going to do.

    *) Provide three repositories
       1) unstable
       2) testing
       3) stable

       _unstable_ is most likely the buildhost right now. And then pick up
       something into _testing_, after it pass QA, it go to stable.

     *) All repositories are in downloads.openmoko.org

        No buildhost-http anymore.
        Both of the building machine (in Germany and Taipei) will sync
        the their packages to downloads.openmoko.org.

     More details

     2008.8 image come from a branch named *org.openmoko.asu.stable* [1]
     In the previous work flow, developer commit his change into
     *org.openmoko.asu.dev* [2], and pick up to *org.openmoko.asu.stable*
     (if Holger thinks it didn't break anything) to do a full test.

     Buildhost build packages from org.openmoko.dev [3]

     [1] http://git.openmoko.org/?p=openmoko.git;a=shortlog;h=org.openmoko.asu.stable
     [2] http://git.openmoko.org/?p=openmoko.git;a=shortlog;h=org.openmoko.asu.dev
     [3] http://git.openmoko.org/?p=openmoko.git;a=shortlog;h=org.openmoko.dev

     Right now we are merging back from *org.openmoko.asu.dev* to
     *org.openmoko.dev*. Developers will work on this branch.

     The situation is that most people want 2008.8 feed as soon as
     possible. However, it hard to provide a stable branch right now.
     I will set the building machine to build _stable feed_ from
     *org.openmoko.asu.stable*. But it won't forward too fast until we
     finish the merge-back task.

     What we are doing
     *) Setup the building machine to build *org.openmoko.asu.stable*
        for porviding a 2008.8 feed.

     *) Merge back from *org.openmoko.asu.dev* to *org.openmoko.dev*

Best Regards,

-Julian